A lot of audio equipment sells based on the power of expectation. Even Dick Burwen has sometimes deceived himself into hearing what is not there. Some products make real sound improvement and some make imagined improvement. Many high end products just make a slight difference in frequency response that can be done better with an equalizer. Beware of two classes of products that just waste your money.
How to Achieve High Fidelity Sound
- Tweaks that cannot work are audible. How is that possible?
- The Audiophile Voice review
- Appreciated in Japan
- Sound Improvement – Real, Imagined, or Fraud.pdf
- Sound Improvement – Real, Imagined, or Fraud.mp3
- Frequency Response Is Most Important.pdf
- Frequency Response Is Most Important.mp3
- Make MP3s Sound Better Than CDs.mp3
- Make MP3s Sound Better Than CDs.pdf
- Hi! I’m Dick Burwen
Comments – Audio Quality